YEREVAN — In an effort to build on progress reportedly made by the presidents of Armenia and Azerbaijan, international mediators began on Monday their second tour of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict zone in less than a month.
The U.S., Russian and French diplomats co-chairing the OSCE Minsk Group met with Armenian Foreign Minister Edward Nalbandian in Yerevan at the start of their latest round of shuttle diplomacy. The Armenian Foreign Ministry reported few details of the talks.
After Yerevan the co-chairs are scheduled to proceed to Karabakh on Tuesdya. According to Azerbaijani media, they are due in Baku on Wednesday.
The sides will also discuss specific measures on fulfilling the obligations assumed in Sochi related to the investigation of ceasefire violations with the participation of all sides. The sides will also discuss specific measures on fulfilling the obligations assumed in Sochi related to the investigation of ceasefire violations with the participation of all sides.
In a joint statement issued late last month, the mediators said they will again visit the region to try to build on “the positive momentum” of the most recent Armenian-Azerbaijani summit that was hosted by Russian President Dmitry Medvedev in Sochi on March 5. They said they will also work out with the conflicting parties “concrete measures to fulfill the commitments made at Sochi regarding investigations … of ceasefire violations.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sign Up for Our Newsletters

Get notified of the latest updates from MassisPost.

You May Also Like

Russia Working With Partners to Resume Negotiations on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict

MOSCOW — Moscow expects negotiations on the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict…

FM Mnatsakanyan Claims No Deadlock in Karabakh Talks

YEREVAN (RFE/RL) — Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan insisted on Friday that long-running…

Armenian Government Granted 12.5% Minority Stake in Amulsar Gold Mine

YEREVAN — The Armenian government has been granted a 12.5% minority stake…

Armenia Reports ‘Unprecedented’ Arms Acquisitions

YEREVAN (RFE/RL) — Armenia acquired “unprecedented” quantities of modern weaponry last year…