By Naira Hayrumyan

The crisis of the global governance threatens to escalate into a serious conflict, and the leaders of the great powers are trying to find a solution.
The informal summit of the foreign ministers of G 20 is underway in the Mexican town of Los Cabos. The main issue is global governance.
Nothing is known about the results of the discussion but it is evident that the world is trying to review a number of key issues. One of these issues is 1% population which owns 30-50% of world goods. The global politics is based on the needs of this 1%, they have concentrated in their hands almost all the financial resource, keeping the remaining 99% in captivity. It has been possible to sustain the world population at a tolerable social level for several decades, but now that the world population is growing, and the shortage of food and fuel is becoming an issue, the population demands social justice.
This issue is especially urgent in the U.S. while the election campaign is underway. Representative Ron Paul who is running in the primaries made a sensational statement: “We’ve slipped away from a true Republic. Now we’re slipping into a fascist system where it’s a combination of government and big business and authoritarian rule and the suppression of the individual rights of each and every American citizen.”
Such statements by possible U.S. presidential candidates evidence that the era of “democratic majority” is coming to end. The world has so far been artificially divided into two large parties which shared their stances, and decisions were taken proceeding from the opinion of the majority even if it was 51%.
This system is exhausted and now the world needs to take into account the opinion of the 99% of the population. The concept of public interest is becoming dominant, and people more often wonder whose interests the government defends, 1% or the major part of the population.
These issues are highly relevant in Armenia where now civic engagement is awakening, where the government is asked questions about whether it should protect the interests of the business or the public.
Armenia is the witness of the crisis of the current economic management in transitional countries but it is moving by inertia towards the collapse of the system. We keep borrowing money from international organizations, becoming the hostage of capital trying, to build the democratic system of majority which is no longer trusted in the West.
It is noteworthy that Russia is walking against the stream. Putin stated that strategic control will continue until it enables the world capital fill Russia. Pro-Putin experts note as his positive feature that he does not want to be part of the global power of capital, imperialism. But what does he propose in return? What a new system of values does he propose? Is it only restoration of Soviet socialism and military state?
Armenia may work out its own approach to reforms of global governance, insisting on the reduction of financial dependence on the West and weakening of Russian bondage regarding security issues. And most importantly, Armenia may form a government, proceeding from the interests of 100% and not 1% of the population. This may seem utopia but all the other ways lead to a catastrophe, like in the case of Greece, which is deciding now to be or not to be part of global financial management.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sign Up for Our Newsletters

Get notified of the latest updates from MassisPost.

You May Also Like

Karabakh Military Report Downing Unmanned Azeri Drone

STEPANAKERT — Nagorno-Karabakh’s armed forces have reported downing an unmanned Azerbaijani military…

Armenia to Establish Free Economic Zone at Border With Iran

YEREVAN — A free economic zone will be established at the Armenian-Iranian…

Armenia, Karabakh Rule Out Unilateral Sniper Withdrawal

Another Armenian Soldier Killed by Azeri Snipers YEREVAN — Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh…

Bundestag Vice President: a Sincere Confrontation with the Past Makes a Country Stronger

Vice President of Bundestag and Green Party member Claudia Roth wrote about…