The Simpsons has become a classic after its twenty-fifth season, from 1989 to current day. But did you know that the principal of Springfield Elementary School is actually Armenian?! That’s right. In Season nine of The Simpsons, it was revealed that Principal Seymour Skinner was in fact named Armin Tamzarian. So let us learn a little more about our animated Armenian counterpart.
- Principal Skinner was born Armin Tamzarian in 1952.
- He was a troubled orphan who was sent to Vietnam.
- His best friend happened to be a man named Seymour Skinner.
- The real Skinner went missing during the war which led to Armin Tamzarian being deliberately mistook as Seymour Skinner therefore his identity was changed.
- He lived with his mother.
- He was a former singer.
- He is a struggling Principal who ruled with an iron fist in Springfield Elementary School, a school struggling financially.
- Homer Simpson’s children attended Springfield Elementary School where they constantly made fun of Principal Skinner,
As strange as it may sound, Principal Skinner was using a stolen identity to continue his career. In episode two of Season nine, the actual Seymour Skinner returned, regained his identity, and after becoming unpopular among the people of Springfield, as well as his mother, he was sent away. Armin Tamzarian was declared by a judge as the official Seymour Skinner and anyone who spoke of the real Skinner would be punished by torture.
This would not be the craziest thing to happen in the Simpsons…
Below is a funny Principal Skinner scene