ISTANBUL — The Turkish Foreign Ministry has “mistakenly” published a picture of Tsitsernakaberd – the Armenian Genocide Memorial in Yerevan – on an official day planner, prepared to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Battle of Çanakkale in World War I, the Hurriyet Daily News reports.

A picture of the monument in Yerevan is included on the April page of the planner.

A Foreign Ministry official told the Hurriyet Daily News that the picture had been “accidentally included with other photographs.”

An investigation has been launched into the mistake and the individual responsible will be punished, the official said, adding that most of the day planners have yet to be distributed.

The official strongly refuted claims that the picture is part of a new “Armenian opening” on the part of Ankara, stressing that elements of any opening on dialogue with Armenians are delivered either by President Recep Tayyip Erdogan or Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Sign Up for Our Newsletters

Get notified of the latest updates from MassisPost.

You May Also Like

According to Preliminary Data 16 Armenian Soldiers Killed, 100 Wounded

STEPANAKERT — According to the preliminary data, reported by Deputy defense minister…

Armenia Claims Upsurge In Arms Acquisitions

STEPANAKERT — Armenia reported on Monday a dramatic increase in its arms…

AGBU Hye Geen & Young Circle Annual Summer Luncheon 2019

PASADENA — On Saturday, August 17, 2019, AGBU Hye Geen and The…

Armenian Coalition Parties Could Form Election Bloc

YEREVAN (RFE/RL) — The three political parties making up President Serzh Sarkisian’s…