YEREVAN — Hayastan All-Armenia Fund continues to provide vital assistance to the Syrian-Armenian community, which has suffered considerable losses since the start of the Syrian civil war.
The fund launched its aid program for Syrian-Armenians in August 2012, by establishing special bank accounts through which donors worldwide can make contributions in support of the struggling community.
To date, with donations made through these bank accounts, the fund has underwritten the Aleppo-Yerevan-Aleppo air travels of Syrian-Armenians who seek refuge in Armenia, and carried out much needed medical and educational projects. Through the latter two types of initiatives, which were proposed by Armenia’s Ministry of Diaspora, the fund has sponsored emergency surgeries for two Syrian-Armenians, and continues to cover the annual tuitions of 69 Syrian-Armenian students who currently attend various colleges and universities in the homeland.
The following is the list of these institutions and their respective numbers of Syrian-Armenian students with scholarships from the Hayastan All-Armenia Fund:
1. State Engineering University of Armenia – 11 students
2. Yerevan State University – 16 students
3. Mkhitar Heratsi Yerevan State Medical University – nine students
4. Yerevan Mashtots University – one student
5. Yerevan State University of Architecture and Construction – 13 students
6. Armenian State University of Economics – one student
7. Khachatur Abovyan Armenian State Pedagogical University – two students
8. Yerevan State Humanitarian College – one student
9. European Regional Educational Academy – three students
10. Scientific Center of the National Academy of Sciences – two students
11. National Academy of Fine Arts – two students
12. French University in Armenia Foundation – one student
13. Komitas Yerevan State Conservatory – six students
14. Yerevan State Academy of Fine Arts – one student